10 February 2016

Growing up ;

What does it feels like growing up?

Sucks, challenging yet exciting/thrilling at the same time. But in my case, exciting > sucks. Let's talk about the suck-ish part, shall we?


The not so nice things about growing up is as you age, you will recognize who your true friends are (after you have been friending with them for years). You will get to see their true colours (the not so fancy side) and things changes. There will be countless broken promises and you'll realize that some people are meant to stay only temporarily in your life (to deliver you some life lessons), not a lifetime.
Also, you will get to see the more of the ugly side of the society, you will get to see the reality of the world more clearly and in a broader understanding. Not to mention, you will meet all sorts of human beings : judgmental, busybody, sarcastic, hypocrite, immature, irresponsible, rude, cruel, and heartless people.
You will often question yourself a thousand millions of why(s) and still don't get the reason until you reach a certain stage.

...
As your age rises, it means that you have to be aware that your sense of responsibility increases, too. No more depending on parents, no more depending on whoever to get things done and some times even when you are helpless, you have to settle everything by yourself. 

You have to go through several interviews to secure a scholarship/job, go through several online applications for your future studies and you have to go through all kinds of documents/typing/beautifying your CV/etc to get the things that you want for your future. You also have to be ready to receive rejections and be prepared with back ups and what not!

Are you scared now?
That's the challenging part of growing up as a person I guess.



Well on a positive note, as you grow another year (I refuse to use older) awesomer, you will discover something new about yourself in every situation/person you meet. You will be lost manymanymanymanymany uncountable times, you will be dissolved in different kinds of problem and in the end, you will somehow find a solution to the problem. From there, you will know where are you and where do you stand (your ability and capacity, in another word).


If you are lost, you will eventually find yourself no matter how many uncountable times you are lost or confused.
Trust me, the feelings are just wonderful.
And then as you move along, you start to have a collection of your favourite things, values and style, deleting the not so likeable things and eliminating the style that doesn't define yourself as a person. 
You will attempt a lot of things to test where do you stand in the society, you will experience many different types of 'dating' world/ observing others' to identify what kind of other half you'd like to have in life, and many many more.



"You also give yourself the opportunity for introspective & adventurous experiences of singledom, allowing you to learn more about yourself"





Besides, as you are more knowledgable, you will know more about your rights and will start to protect yourself from those who are trying to violate or harm your rights. You'll start to manage things alone, living an independent life, having your own financial account, spending what you earned, not depending on anybody anymore.


Basically, you stand on both of your feet.

...
When I was twelve, I told myself, "Live life to the fullest, self! You only go through form 1, 2, 3 once! Enjoy to the max before PMR"

When I was fifteen, I said, "Time flies. Enjoy every moment before high school ends!"

When I was eighteen, I thought, "Hey, there is only one and a half year at college. Make everyday counts!"


When I was twenty, I announced, "Welcome to adulthood! You're officially a part of the twenties club! Live everyday as though as it is your last. Especially before 23!"

Because I solely think that when I turn 23 later, I am officially old.

Now, it has already passed 12.00 am and I am officially 23? Nope not yet. I will be officially 23 years old 8 hours later, to be exact, following the reported time at my birth cert.



"your 20s are a crucial time period that allow you to explore who you really are and what you want."


Well I don't know why I have such mindset that 23 is old 23 is old. Maybe it's because of the odd number, which tells me that 23 is no longer a junior age compared to 22, 21 or 20 which are like.. pure innocent young adult
It is just like turning 13 ten years ago. A transition from primary school student to secondary student. Uniform changes, puberty strikes, yada yada.

Let's be realistic. 
Being 23 means there is a greater responsibility, the beginning of my research year (oh my god), a far more matured thoughts, a stronger values (patience, kindness, consistency,  endurance, honesty, optimism), and more attempts in stepping out of comfort zones.
I guess I should stop having the 23 is old kind of mentality because it is not good! At all. It affects my thoughts, my perceptions, most importantly, my oomph!

Irregardless what age we are, it is just a number. Live well and enjoy ever process as the clock ticks. Yes, you're gonna have transformation in a lot of things - your body, your mind and everything else, it's still a part of life, isn't it?

Looking back, my past 22 years of life have been nothing but amazing with all kinds of bittersweet moments that I am truly thankful for, which makes me who I am today. :)


...
So.. without hesitation it's time to say....

)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SELF!


Be the best version of yourself every single day, loving and living life to the fullest! Spread love, kindness and positivity! Must not forget to be always be humble and be grateful no matter what circumstances. Don't stop learning and discovering yourself, be proud of each step you take towards where you are heading ;)



P/S : Thank YOU all wonderful human beings who have been part of my life, still staying in my life and those in the future who's gonna appear in my life to shape me/mould me to a better person. I love you all to the moon and back.
PP/S : Thank you mama for having me in your tummy in a transverse position, making you having a hard time which then you had to go through C-sec to welcome me.. I am truly touched by your patience and endurance! Thank you :')
PPP/S : Thank you to Papa's sperm for fertilizing mama's ovum from the (R) ovary to produce such a cute, chubby child like me :P Hahaha #perasantime well long story short, thanks to you both!
PP/S : Such a weird birthday post, I know! Hahaha anyways, cheerio!



xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Thoughts? They are always welcomed here :)

Photobucket