31 December 2016

2016 Timeline ;

January.
I still remember vividly that I was so overwhelmed and exhausted by the mountains of assignments being thrown to me and my batchmates during semester 5. I remember being so task oriented that I almost neglected the human values during my clinical assessments. Of course, I was ultra thankful to my assessors who pin pointed my little mistakes here and there. Human values and the true essence of communication cannot be forgotten whether we are having exam or not. Patients' safety can never be compromised, patients' comfort must always be our top priority. #lifelessonlearnt

I guess the best feeling of the month was to hand in all the twenty-one (yeap you did not hear that wrong) assignments at one go. The relief, the happiness, the off burden, the jumping in circles moment. Imagine me in that situation.  #feelingblissful

Anyway, I kinda ended that month with a blast presentation and karaoke after that. You guys can never ever imagine (my friends and) me swearing I mean singing out loud with 'vulgar' lyrics on the screen using a microphone to the point the passersbys were staring at us, lulz. I mean... it was tension release purposes, no serious harm was intended. /cry-laugh emoji/


February.
If Chinese New Year did not fall on January, it must be somewhere on February. So yeah, this year the CNY was on my birthday month, and coincidentally again, my birthday was on the third day of CNY this year, woohoo. Double angpows (woohoo!
And GSC was kind enough to give me free movie tickets but wasn't kind enough to add more interesting movies for me to watch. FYI, birthday person can only watch a certain movies in that 'arterisk' list. Obviously not impressed because at that time, there were a lot of horror movies in the list and also local-CNY-I have already watched movies. But THANKFULLY, THANKFULLY Deadpool was in the list. Watched with dearest Ying. And THANKFULLY, the movie was quite hilarious. Thanks Ryan Reynolds for the good job done! Still cannot beat my favourite 'Ant Man', nonetheless! :P
...

Received my result, it was SURPRISINGLY okay, hahaha I have always thought I scored worse but oh wells :)
As usual, my university wouldn't give anything more than 3 weeks of semester break. 
SO classes resumed on the 29th of Feb. YEP.


March.
First class was on stress threshold and mental illnesses for Mental Health module. It was purrrrrretty fun. Everybody started to suspect each other whether any of us have some kind of mental disorders. lulz
Oh yeah, not to mention, beginning of semester 6 means the BEGINNING OF RESEARCH, face that SELF! /exhale slowly/ I think I probably will have a blogpost specially dedicated to 'research' SOON to commemorate my journey with my supervisor. Such a tough asdfghjklqwertyuiop.. okay I'll leave it for future blogpost. Wait for it.

And oh, I've been to the Putrajaya Hot Air Balloon Fiesta again! This time with a bunch of good friends until late night. It was a pretty fun night, I remember. Also, I received a lovely photo album from my buddy that month. <3


April, May, June.
After some mini battles with le exam papers, we headed to Tanjung Rambutan for our first posting at Hospital Bahagia Ulu Kinta (HBUK). Very exciting! Our first mental health posting was definitely an eye-opening experience one.  And then healthy ageing posting at Alzheimer's Disease Foundation Malaysia, management posting at T-ung S-hin (TS) Hospital and community posting at KK Pedas. These three months had been quite impactful. For more stories on my posting experience, it has been blogged here.

P/S : Oh yah, in the midst of posting, we also travelled to Ipoh and around Seremban for the food and some sightseeing! I will miss the morning stroll around Rasah neighbourhood. :')



July.
It was the month of gathering. Gathering who? Gathering with my best friend (Alia), with my dear high school friends during Raya and of course, with my piggie gang! One of my college buddies had graduated from UCSI, hence another gathering!
Congrats over your convocation, buddy. Now that you're entering workforce pretty soon, I'm wishing you the best of luck and rock the working world under your toes!

...

It was also a month of saying goodbye to my dear friend, Ray (all the best in UK, pal!) and my dear lecturers - Prof L and Ms. Pat. They are one of the few who are very good at what they're teaching. Knowing that they have retired and left to another place of teaching, I will miss them both very much.

FAST FORWARD to... end of the month.
I landed at Myanmar.



August.
There are too many words to describe Myanmar. I was there for 11 days with a group of volunteers for a community project called 'MICCP' aka Myanmar-IMU Collaborative Community Project.

First of all, knowing that I was approved to FLY after some 4 donkey years staying at Malaysia, I was obviously overjoyed. Secretly speaking, I was very thrilled and excited throughout my journey (without my family for the first time), hahaha. Truth be told, I enjoyed every seconds whenever I was at Myanmar. :) 

All the 'tuk-tuk' moment, the honking days and nights, the interaction with the people at Myanmar, the taste of the culture and food, the beautiful kids, places like Mandalay, POL and Bagan... I can't wait to write about this experience soon. Wait for it k. (after my exam on the first week of January, pinky promise).

So after 11 good ol' days being at Myanmar, I was having post-I-miss-Myanmar-syndrome. BUT  I was really glad that I took a handful of photos and videos.  Viewing and replaying those shots played back those great memories. :') It was my first time editing a couple of videos within the same month. It was up at my vimeo account. Gocheckitout! Link.

29 Aug 2016: Semester 7 started.


September.
Semester 7 was jam packed. Can you believe it when I say I have only two weeks of theory block (meaning attending lectures and classes)?? CAN YOU?

I kenot, myself.

Even though I only need to study for two subjects, but it was packed with deadlines of assignments and studies within that two weeks. BLARDYHELL.
It was clearly stressful lah, but then it's over so it's okayyyyy.

Anyhoo, IMU Cup began again. I went with a bold face covered the dance event using a super limited equipment under the limited light situation. No flash, no DSLR, high ISO, moving dance, crazy lighting. BOOM.

It was an eye-straining editing that's fo sho' but I took it as my learning experience. I was utterly dissapointed that I did not deliver some good shots for the dancers dass all. :[ 

Moving on, I participated Chariofare Run for my 3rd year with dear Prissy. Timed self, had improvement but just slightly. Sobssss but it was more smooth and fun running this time compared to the previous year's probably because I knew the route therefore I can roughly estimate how long did I still have to reach the finishing line. And then I was the photog again after the run. Special thanks to Ms. S for having the faith in me again. :))

In the meantime, as soon as my theory block ended, my Non-Nursing elective began!
What's that, you wonder?
It's a module which I can participate in any community projects/work/attempt something new OUT of nursing. Meaning I can learn how to cook, drive, swim, work with a photographer, etc. 
BUT the funny thing is, when you are writing your report, you have to relate how joining (whatever that you're participating) will benefit you in nursing.



:/

So much hmmmphs.
I wanted to join community projects super badly, which include Epic Homes, Litre of Lights, SPCA and many more but I took quite some time to consider it because IMU JC presentation fell on the same month. In the end, I kinda gave up my plan and go for something more relaxing and near to uni. That is....

...
...
..
..
.
drum
roll
please
.
..
..
...
...
.....
......
..................yoga.

*cheers*
I have always wanted to learn yoga since young, since this was a good opportunity, I went for 12 classes and 3 workshops! Needless to say, I was superrrrr grateful for such a patient and dedicated yoga instructor who gave lotsa encouragement to her students. I have learnt quite a number of yoga poses which I never expect that I can do - such as crow pose, hand stand, etc but all thanks to her, I can. I really can, with the help of a friend of course. :)

But hearing her telling me,
"You improved so much in just 12 classes!" 


made me smile from ear to another.


Learning yoga has been a smart choice, I'd say. I saved a lot of time and get to relax MORE after a series of stressful days. It increased my physical flexibility and improved my muscle strength too. I can FEEL IT y'know. Sho' amazing. :]

... And then, and then there was this IMU JC Presentation at the end of the month. Both Ms. TT and I were nervous but well prepared. THANKFULLY, nobody shoot us any questions, woohoo. I can see that my supervisor was more happy than I was. lol! Haha but ah well, I can never reach to this point without her so...major credits to her. (Y)

Shortly after the horrific presentation, classmates and I headed to Meeples Board Game Cafe to play some indoor board games. It was pretty fun and exciting day, spending hours playing and just chillaxing. I love it!

September was so happening I see. So it ended with a farewell dinner with dear Ying and Chee Ling.


October.
Yoga was still ongoing, although non-nursing elective was finished in mid-Oct. Research was still ongoing because it is never-ending until you printed that book with gold prints. 

In the middle of all this, my clinical posting at HP (Hospital Pantai) KL officially began. This time round, we went to (Paeds, O&G, Respi and Diabetic) clinics and out patient department such as Dialysis centre to deliver health teaching to the clients there. Some of us were tagged with a wound care/colostomy staff nurse who goes to all wards to do wound inspection, dressing and colostomy related procedures.

Well to be honest, I'd say that the experience at a private healthcare setting sure was different than the experience I had in government health care setting. Lunch was always expensive and the access/permission to give health teaching wasn't as free and easy as I thought. 
Another thing is, 4 weeks of posting was too long. On my 3rd and 4th week, I felt draggy. So yah. But on a positive note, I did meet a couple of nice people who were so willing to say yes and really showed sincere appreciation whenever we had done the health education. :)

P/S: I miss the loving K & K (siblings) at Paeds clinic. 


November.
DING DING DING!
I am officially an aunt to my sister's son, everyone! 

This Baby Bryan Lee arrived in the morning of 3rd November, looking like a little caterpillar. /heart shaped eyes/
Grandma and Chris came over from Aussie to visit families here. We had a couple of family gatherings here and there. Time spent with them was always so joyful. :)) 

Besides reuniting with fam bam, research data collection also commenced! I was grateful for Ms. H's assistance during my data collection period. The process was tedious and tiring but I will take it as my learning process. Afterall, it's part of a research journey. 

Andddddddd IMU Cup closing ceremony wrapped up the IMU Cup this year. Photographed and uploaded those photos at Facebook. I left a video to edit but I haven't touched ittttt. Yikes. Soon, soon! Besides, I have also covered IMU Convo for my seniors and friends who graduated this year. Congrats, guys! My turn will come soon.




December.
This month was nothing but full of typing. Research data analysis, Chapter 5, thesis writing, blogging, instagram thought posting, etc. 

Besides academic related, I have also started my happiness project (again) since November. Pinned down some creative ideas at Pinterest and made some DIY hearty cards for random people. :) 
Occasionally when I was over-stressed with research, I took a day off to window shop/real shop. It's another self discovery process on traveling, renewing things I like, choosing to spend wisely rather than buy recklessly, enjoying the freedom and quality 'me' time.. I gotta say, I love it! 
...

December is another lovable month because it is the rainy season! Woot woot. My room have never been cooling since ages and now when it rains everyday, my room feels like heaven. 

... On another note, I have (recently) joined another local community project at the heart of KL. It's called the TMC. It's basically a project led by Dr. M which a group of volunteers (doctors, pharmacist, students, any random volunteers) gather to give free medical aids to the homeless and urban poor people. I have joined the team twice so far and I would love to join more whenever I can. :))

__





So to sum up my life in the year of 2016, giving back to community is my main highlight of the year. No matter to people who are unwell physically and mentally, people who are disabled, people who have organic disorder, people who are poor/homeless/transgender, and people of different race/ethnicity.

Interacting with people of different family, social, and cultural background makes me feel grateful and learn a lot as a person. Most importantly, it keeps me inspired.

:)

Now, enough about me. Apart from my life, news around the world this year involved war, terrorism, world election, and the world olympics.
Full of joy yet so much despair.
Great icons passed away, celebrities couple splitted, the increasing of keyboard warriors and judgmental society and the misuse of social medias for the wrong purpose.. 2016 has certainly teared our heart apart in some ways, donchu think?

But fret not, I am certain that this is a test that we all will overcome. Let's start reminding each other to be kind to one another, stay true to yourself, embrace your flaws just as they are, and remember to spread love to people around you and to people all over the world.

---
Overall, I wouldn't say 2016 is my best-est year of all, but I'd say it is rather an unforgettable year.
I did not achieve as much as I did the previous year but I'd say there are many highlights and money cannot buy experiences that will always serve as a reminder to me to be forever grateful in life. Definitely make a lot of people smile, this year. 

Super glad that I fulfilled my own promise (personal resolutions) that I made last year. :D



In 2017,

Plans and hopes :
-Unfollow negative people
-Launch a new profile to spread positive words around
-Face own fears.
-Create more self acheivements.
-READ MORE BOOKS AIYO. I did not reach much in 2016. :(
-Healthy and safe, always.
-Happy, happy all the time.
-Make more people smile.
-Contribute more, spread more love, expand the expanded #happinessproject!
-More adventures, more new attempts.

But in all seriousness, 2017 is gonna be an epic, challenging yet exciting year. Rooster is coming in when Monkey is exiting according to Chinese calendar. So it's gonna be MY YEAR. :P


Whatever it is, 
BRING IT ON, NEW YEAR!
*clinks glasses* *fireworks*

Happy blessed 2017 to all of you out there and to YOU who are reading this.
Here's to a greater, safer and healthy year ahead. :)

Always remember to be kind everyday, peepo!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Thoughts? They are always welcomed here :)

Photobucket