31 December 2015

What have you done in 2015?

A : 2015 has been such a wonderful and memorable year! Thanks to everyone who was there by my side through my ups and downs!

B : 2015 is ending, 2016 is starting. Happy new year, guys! Hoping for a better 2016 :)

C : 2015 has been great! Counting down the arrival of new year with loved ones.

Yada, yada, yada.

Seriously, what have you done in 2015?
My first answer to that question is,
I don't know.

It's either that I don't have time to really think about it or I just have too many things (to be precise, assignments) to think about, my first answer is i don't know.

It's funny when I said I don't know, I went to scroll back my photo albums in my phones and memories flashed back just like rewinding a videotape. How could I even answered I don't know in the first place I seriously need to give a knock on my head. #facewithtearsofjoy


2015 ;

It's (I would say) a self discovery year for me.
I realized that when I am completing tasks, I tend to focus one at a time and the outcome is always deserves a thumbs up! In another word, I suck at multitasking nao. #lulz

It's just that.. let say for example I have 3 weeks of break, I wouldn't spend my day one to watch a movie, day two to read a book, day three to travel, day four to read another book, day five to watch a movie - do you get what I mean?

I would rather spend day one to four travelling, the following few days movie marathon and the subsequent days reading like there's no tomorrow. Idk why I feel more accomplished that way. :)
......
Secondly,

"You take time to be confident."


Pretty true. That's what my friend told me during a recent 'strength-and-weakness-truth' sharing session. Frankly speaking, I am not confident when I encounter something oddly new. But once I get the 'jeez' of it, I can swipe it like 'hell yeah'.
And if there's something that I need to learn, that would be this :


"Face the odds with courage, dear self. Go to the edge of the unknown and take the first step. Don't bother yourself with what's going to happen in the end. Go on make beautiful mistakes and don't be afraid of uncertainty!"


3.
My communication skills was not bad (so I thought), as compared to other skills that I have, my communication is considered one of the top. But scratch that, after I had being posted to ICU, my thoughts changed.

Your skills is really tested when you're communicating with patients on ventilator, I tell you. They can be responsive, semi responsive or non responsive! Not to mention, communicating with family members of the ICU patients (who are upset, grieving) can be quite a challenge as well.

Hence,


"Don't ever ever say you're good at communicating until you can communicate with people who are less able to communicate with you."
Never be too proud. That's what I told myself.

....
Actually 2015 passed quicker than I thought. Sometimes I do think that I actually sleep more than I have achieved anything this year. Truth to be told, I actually sleep a lot! Especially during my current posting. Time spent on sleeping is more compared to time spent on assignments and google-searching, tsk tsk. OR maybe cuz' I was too overwhelmed overtired by the amount of assignments given. Not trying to comfort myself but it's true! 21 assignments to be completed plus 3 clinical assessments in 12 weeks, I just need someone to help me spell i-n-s-a-n-e! 

Well, by hearing the number of assignments itself, it's impossible for me not to sleep (rest) more for a better energized brain :p Heh, heh.


Ok let's ditch this aside and let's see some list of achievements, thankful for(s), and hope(s) this year, shall we? :))

Achievements :
1) a small medal for IMU CUP 2015 Photography competition.
Don't even ask me why is this in included in imu cup, I am curious too. Haha thanks for the well wishes and my work's recognition. I appreciate that lots. :)
Also attempted more sports photography and people photography this year. #yays

  
2) being an emcee although I rejected the offer at first.
You have no idea how many times I shivered (but always act cool) for this. Thanks to my partner in crime, we nailed it together! :D 


3) Caught 3 out of 9 maggots from a fungating wound.
YES. THIS IZZ DEFINITELY AN ACHIEVEMENT BECAUSE maggots is just one of the shit-iest creature that can make my hair stand and run but I still can squat and caught those maggots steadily from the ulcer and what not, I am proud of myself for a few minutes THAT DAY haha


4) Tolerance towards chilli and spicy food has reduced (a lil')
Hehe, thanks to my batchmates for the first and ever Uncle Jang meal!
Ever since then, I love adding a little of chilli on my food whenever I eat. I can still vividly remember my hot and extremely red face after each spicy meal. But no doubt, the syiokness is there! :)


5) Reading challenge : 12/12 Accomplished!
Woohoo *throws confetti* Favourite book goes to Safe Haven! Followed by Jane's Melody :)
On another note, my reading speed has improved! #yays


6) Good results
Hard work does paid off. Thank you so much for the encouragement, dear you(s) :)


7) Attempt in connecting with people randomly (street-tog)
Yep. Still remembers how I approached people with a bunch of friends, talked to them with no fear, making friends randomly etc. This idea inspired me to create an album called, "Through People's Stories" and go check it out at Facebook if you haven't.

8) Top 100 finisher (woman category) for nottingham run and imu chariofare
10 km only. Need to improve on timing and determination neways. Wanted to join Standard Chartered run (21 km) but didn't get to register. On a positive note, the run was cancelled due to haze.
I knew it. It's giving me another chance next year, teeheee


9) First time exposure : gravity, snorkeling.
Gravity as in the name of a 'clubbing' place. Not the science 'gravity'. I went once with two of my friends after photographed for uni's prom 2015. Went once, never want to enter again. Hahaha.
And snorkeling! I don't know how to swim, the idea of immersing my face in the water is enough scary! But I'm thankful for the uncle's help. He was there all along when I tried to snorkel #facewithtearsofjoy



Thankful for :
- doctors, nurses, medical assistants and staffs who are so willing to teach us

- Ms. VG for being such a role model to me
- Ray for always say yes. For lending me your precious D5100, allowing me to achieve my dreams. With your cam, I managed to have my first couple photoshoot, my first attempt snapping random graduation photos for my seniors, and being the photographer for IMU CUP 2015 as well as Chariofare 2015 :) Thank you!
- Chiayen and Kahheng, for saying YES as well to my humble request. I still owe you guys pictures, I remember. Will edit and perfect those photos for both of you once I am done with all these assignments and posting! #pinkypromise

- the opportunities - being emcee, being the photographer for Chariofare 2015.
- random people who approached me to say thank you.
- friendly neighbours from rasah neighbourhood
- awesomely nice patients for appreciating my nursing care, also for their beautiful stories.
- birthday surprises! I will never forget that cup of fries (so called birthday cake) and that banana split ice cream that some of the cream went into my nose (eww I know) but thanks anyway. Appreciate that lots! :)
- friends who are all along with me, supporting and helping. :))

- people in general (strangers) for allowing me to take photos of them,


#damnonpoint
Hopes for the following year :
-still a healthy, happy, safe year.
-more self achievements
-contribute more, spread more love, expand #happinessproject!
-more adventures, more new attempts, (step out of the comfort zone) more courage.

Most importantly, always hold on to hope when things go wrong. Be extremely strong and positive for whatever that might be faced. And be kind everyday :) 

You see, I have always thought I have nothing to say, but look at the amount of paragraphs I have vomitted! Hahaha thanks to instagram, a place where I document my life (almost) daily (if not, weekly). I am just summing my 365 days from there in one blog post.

Alright, guys. Thanks for reading again.
Continue reading and anticipating if you lurve my posts! (I highly doubt that :b)
Anyway,







Happy 2016uolls!

Have a blessed, wonderful, memorable and a great 366 days ahead :)
Paint your pages with beautiful colours!



Picture credits : 9gag and FlyFM Facebook page

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Thoughts? They are always welcomed here :)

Photobucket