26 March 2014

What Happened in Sem One?

Pretty straight forward isn't it?
Here's what  :)


1)  I've spoken about orientations and if you noticed I've blogged more than nowadays back in THOSE good good days. Hahaha well if you wanna read again, here's link [1] and link [2].

2)  Basically January was a month which I called stressfully busy month because I had three class tests on two different days, and on one of the days itself, I went to sent my buddy off with another buddy at LCCT. Here's a picture of it :)

Coincidentally met Ah Thong and Ah Lai at the airport! (Most left and second from left)

Jan, I know I've said this, still wanna say it again : I love your shoes berry much heee :3


3)  Did participate in photography event for Foundation In Science orientation :D  Had loaddddds of fun with ze photogs as usual :D and street photography! (previous post :D )



4)  ALSO, I went for a meetup session with fellow seniors from NU112, NU111 and NU110 with only Karen and Hadiza. The rest (of my classmates) were not able to turn up due to some reasons.
That night was great! We had a so called sharing-bonding session by having some 'ice-breaking' and 'truth-or-dare' activities, lol. It was meaningful and I'm glad to have met them! <3



5)  Then at the end of the month of January, our Open Ward session officially started :B
It was better than I expected! I've learnt so much about the real 'interviewing' skills and also forming nursing diagnosis from various situations. A bundle of thanks to all the dedicated clinical tutors and lecturers who organised these activities. :))


6)  During the open ward session which was held for two weeks, I had my presentations (assessments) for Professionalism and Interpersonal Skills and Nursing Framework (subjects). I kind of presented well for the first one, but screwed up the latter one. To my surprise, I was praised for the slides I prepared for the second presentation and I was even told to send a copy of the slides I prepared. What I can say somemore, I'm just happy and thankful :)


7)  After CNY, the first EOS (end of semester) exam I took was Human Biology (subject). I was so scared because I didn't finish studying. Yes, I admit that fact. I was thinking, "If the exam is gonna be like the formative assessment uploaded online, I'm gonna cry, very very hard". However the paper wasn't as tough as I expected! 8D I was glad actually, and I prayed everyday that I could please at least get a B, lol.
Oh! I haven't not talked about class tests that I went through, have I? Okay first thing first. Psycho test was the worst (most ridiculous and difficult) , followed by Microbio. Socio was alright, I was perfectly confident that I can score for that paper.. ONLY. (lol) Biochem on the other hand wasn't very tough but the scoring part was a no joke thing. So all I did was doing my extremely best in my assignments to top up the marks, especially for Psychology.
Ah, let's just put the tests topic aside. I'll come back to the EOS exam later.


8)  Clinical posting!
I must say, I've learnt the most (things that I don't learn in uni) during these two weeks at Tung Shin Hospital :)) I've personally observed how endoscopy works, how bed sores and real, bad wounds look like, happy, friendly, sad, grumpy patients, how the staff nurses work together, how staff nurses and the doctor interacted with each other, and so much more!
Our objective for this semester was to enhance the communication (interviewing) skills with patients by carrying out assessment and history taking. I've personally talked to patients (of both gender) in English, Malay, Chinese, even Hokkien! (so proud of this, lol) From a beginner who's afraid of asking sensitive questions and awkward situations, I've now became a better communicator who now knows how to link one question to another. This is all thanks to my friends, and tutors who have guided me from day 1 til the last day of clinical posting :))

My grands senior, Christine once told me that, "The time when you can learn and have fun the most is during your clinical postings." I have to agree with that statement ;)
A big thank you to our dear clinical instructors once again, for constantly pushing yet encouraging us to do our very best in performing all tasks, and truth be told, it helps a lot in our clinical assessments! Overall, our lecturers commented that we've done a real good job (not sure whether it is true) but oh well we got praised for our continuous hard work :D



The most satisfying outcome I've got from this posting was to be able see patients recovering one by one and hear staff nurses said, this patient is discharged. :)) Some of them are really kind and willing to be interviewed by us multiple times. They also thoughtfully wished us best for our assessments and also our nursing journey. :>
I must admit that.. after so many sharing sessions with classmates and tutors, I started to like this profession and hopefully in years to come, my like will change to love.

Thanks to dear classmates for the wonderful start and may all of us do this together until semester 8! (finger cross and group hugs)

Being the usual grateful me, I will treasure this experience and trudge on. :)
See you all again next semester, dear clinical tutors!


9) Birthday celebrations!
First we celebrated Nargis's 19th on Jan :




and then Pauline's 21st on the month after:

Very glad that all the surprise went perfectly well! :'> Hope you love the video, Pauline! SURPRISEEE once again :D


10)  Study week began shortly after a month of practical session. It was hella stressful, needless to say. Went back to uni every day for tutorial sessions and also self-studies. I was happy that I completed most of the revision, but not good enough to re-revise again for the second time.


11) The week after was EOS (end of semester) Sociology presentation and exam. Presentation was absolutely great with my teammates, Pauline and Priscilla. Special thank you to Pauline for brushing up my presentation skills by keep tellling me 'you can do it, just do it!' and repeat that again and again. :D
No doubt speaking, that week was the killer, we were all nervous because we didn't know what it will come out and phew! 4 days of crazy days just passed like that, and I'd like to announce that, Biochem was the toughest paper among all. (claps claps claps)
Deep down, I was praying so hard that I could pass, lol.



12)  And there you go my sem break! EH WAIT no, not yet. I had MUET exam a day after my EOS exam grrrr. I hope I did well for listening and reading. Writing part was.... heh. Speaking was....... okay I guess :B Just hope that I'll score a band three. Band three is enough :B


13)  Jacuzzi outing with ze ladies!
Just the day I had my last paper, the day before MUET exam, Pauline and I went over to Shaf's house for a mini little party (jacuzzi session together-gether! hahaha)







We had lots of fun! Thank you Shaf for such a wonderful day at your house :D
In the meantime, we made a 'cover' (sort of), a lip-sync video for Counting Stars by One Republic! Hahahaha we definitely had a great time laughing and singing like crazehh. Nurses-tonix FTW!
Anyway, can't wait for the next lip-sync cover :P HEHE

14)  Initially we had plans to go to Penang during our sem break but due to the bad weather (haze, coughs) we cancelled the thoughts :( Ugh! Moving on, SO IN THE END, I just stay at home, rotting wonderfully. 10-12 hours of sleep daily, homecooked food, get to hug pillow from day til night - how relaxingly awesome is that? Hahaha - I know it is but it sounds so lifeless at the same time!

15) 19 MARCH 2014 : Results day.
The day I felt nothing but was busy with handmade gifts instead. Actually I felt something, just 5 minutes before 5 pm (the time when the results was released), I hyperventilated for a while. That's all. (lol)
I sounded confident huh! #macamyestapibukan I waited a few minutes, to calm myself down before I faced my results. Whether it was a P or F, lantak lah!


JENG JENG JENG.....
(opened ze envelope)




I'm just blessed! That's all I wanna say :')


16) Okay, ignore the drama. Back to reality. (muka serious)
Just 12 hours ago, a new timetable has already appeared on e-learning portal. (GREAT. I mean, FINALLY). Checked, looked through. One word -> sh*t. Early classes (as early as 8am) everyday, long hours of studies, one month (April) of crazy study follow by tests on May (every week.. good god :B ) and posting starts on June. (jaw drop immediately) I can see that semester two is gonna be so short and quick! So scary, so hectic, so challenging! :B


17) Aye aye, I'm not gonna have this kind of perfectly chillax-ing holidays like this again I guess. SO IMMA ENJOY IT TO THE FULLEST! SLEEP TO THE FULLEST, PLAY TO THE FULLEST, DO WHAT I LOVE TO DO TO THE FULLEST! Okay, caption unlock. Hahaha, I'm excited like that.



18) Anyway, it's point number eighteen already. Hehe thanks for even bother to read this post. And before I go, just wanna say, I've been listening to American Author's album 'Oh, What A Life!' for a week, go go listen too! It's super duper #oomph I gurantee :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Thoughts? They are always welcomed here :)

Photobucket