16 June 2014

Just another random, boring, weekly article ;

Hi!
Just another weekly blogpost from mehh :)
This (past one) week was the first week we worked in the afternoon……til’ night. After lunch, pack, go! work, TPR, bedmaking, perineal care, oxygen  therapy, removing venofix, wound dressing, repeat and BOOM. It’s 9pm. Bathe. Sleep.
The next day : REPEAT.

Okay, sorry for the very summarized routine in just a few words but yeah, that’s what we basically did every day, brushing up our skills as we practiced.
That Friday, we worked in the morning, went back home and cleaned ourselves to get ready to the…………….. BEACH! Babeh BEACH!
(Too bad I could NOT upload any photos here (even to Flickr! :( )to show you guys the beach that we went because the internet connection here is slow (like snail) and sucks (most of the time) )
I did upload those photos up to instagram, some to Facebook. So I guess do check it our yourself at the places  I just mentioned? :)

I’ll upload ze photos here, perhaps after my EOS – end of August/early September to be precise. Heh so to those who are anticipating (perhaps there’s no one), be very very patient :)
Right now, just BEAR WITH ME with all these words, typing from all my heart, lungs, liver, stomach, intestine out.  Hees, that’s a little bit exaggerating.

Okay back to the topic about BEACH, we went to look for the one recommended by staff nurses and we FOUND(!) the Petronas petrol station that they were saying – okay no. It’s the beach opposite the petrol station to be exact. XD
Haha it’s called the Pantai Saujana (or famously known as Pantai Batu Empat), Port Dickson! Yes they are right, the beach – the surroundings, the sand (SO HOT AND FINE!), the seaside (not to say perfect clean but it’s better than the dirty beach I went last year), the trees, the windy (yet sunny) weather, and the facilities are all…. I shall give 7 out of 10 marks  :)

Ah, how I could just upload a photo here and let you all judge!

After the sand writing moments, individual photo taking sessions, I kind of escaped from the group and strolled alone to the other side of the beach while observing the families spending time together, kids running here and there..  Such a joyful moment . It actually reminds me of the moment I had together with my extended families back to manymanymanymany ( I guess about 14) years ago at some beach, also at Port Dickson. I miss the apartment my father used to have here, where we always take the chance to have a short getaway during school holidays. But now it’s no longer belong to Papa. Papa sold it to somebody due to some financial issue he had last time. Oh well, memories! :)

After the short walk, I started to walk towards the ice-cream stall nearby the shades of the trees to have something cool, thanks to the ‘ice-cream bell’, which was ringing non-stop that attracted my attention so much especially under this sunny, sweaty weather. So while we were waiting for the sun to set, we chatted, joked, ate cucumbers ( yeah that’s like a huge thing that I need to mention here), and the photo shooting session started again when the sun started to dissolve slowly :)

Then, we headed to P.D. Waterfront (our usual dinner spot) to pack our dinner! Teehee, it was a beautiful day spent with my girls. :))
On the other note, my Facebook timeline is filled with so many news about Food Culture Week presentation by my ND (Nutrition & Dietetics) friends, selling of T-shirts, Chariofare activities going on and also seniors’ graduation ceremony, etc.  Just look at what I’ve missed in just two weeks while I’m away from uni :O
My uni’s so happening with events right? Haha

Anyway, in every thing that I miss out, there’s always something good that comes to me, something that is already starting to shape me to be a competent health care provider.
Things I must see improvement in myself within the next few weeks :
  •         Grab and hold the opportunities. BE SMART.
  •          Do NOT afraid. Stools, blood, pain, hurt. BE BRAVE.
  •          EMPATHY, not sympathy. BE UNDERSTANDING.
  •         Always think on patient’s point of view. BE GRATEFUL.


It seems like I have too much free time to actually blog right now, haha. Should have utilized this time to study hard for EOS exam, since I’ve received a piece of not so good news about my recent Pathophysiology class test results. *gulps

Well, let’s see how it goes. Till then! :D


xx


5 comments:

  1. Sorry, it's the anon again...I love your writing, you have such a nice flow. I just wanted to ask about the clinical postings, when do they start? and for how long? and what's the accommodation like? Do you have to search yourself or do they provide it for you, like a hostel? If there's anything else you could tell me it'd be really welcomed..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! The duration of the posting depends on your semester. Usually it's about two months. All I could tell you about the accommodation is ..it is more to independent-style ; meaning that you have to look for yourself, etc. But worry not about this issue, seniors will always be there to help by providing you information about it.

    Urmm.. so far this is what I can tell, and what's on my mind. If you'd like to know more, perhaps you can drop me an e-mail? :)

    Thanks again for dropping by and the kind words! :)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for replying me! I forgot your url, tried so hard to recall it...I'm really interested in the clinical posting part, so since you're willing to put up with my constantly asking you probing questions(shamefaced), I'll email you about that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all! If you have sent your e-mail and I have not returned your mail within 10 days, please notify me here. I'll double check and make sure you'll get a reply :))

      Alright then, talk to you soon! Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for replying me! I forgot your url, tried so hard to recall it...I'm really interested in the clinical posting part, so since you're willing to put up with my constantly asking you probing questions(shamefaced), I'll email you about that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Thoughts? They are always welcomed here :)

Photobucket