07 June 2014

“Correct yourself first before start correcting others.”

It’s been quite some time… that… I’ve not updated anything about myself, my life and my progress of being an adult here.
Muhh mind says, “It’s time to write something again. It’s time

………….
Alright (Aussie accent inserted here)

Life’s good so far. With all the learning process going on day by day, it feels awesome. :) Just so you don’t know , I’ve gone through all my class tests on the bloody month of May. Okay, scratch that word bloody, but y’know it was just one of the most horribly stressful months that I’ve been through so far in my study life.  Anyhoo, it’s already the past tense. All I could do is just to hope, to pray very hard and for the best that I can pass and get grades that I deserve to get. (Although I must say I did not do extremely well for certain subjects :[ )
*pat pat and mutters* #alliswell #alliswell

One of my lecturers emphasized this a lot,

“Make full use of your power of observation, where ever you are.”


Observing allows us to notice, hence sense –whether or not our surroundings contain any dangerous elements that may harm us. Observing things carefully could save lives. Observing allows us to learn, from people’s wrong/good doings.. also create a sense of awareness, a source of reminder for us to always be grateful with whatever things that we have. Observing (silently) creates multiple shock/surprises (something that is out of the norms). However, observing make us think things differently, creating wonders and why-questions in our brain. In a way, it will make us understand and sooner we will sort of get ‘used’ to the shock/surprise that we went through earlier on.


"Open your eyes big big."

I’ve been a quite observant person since teenage but I have to admit that I do not utilize it fully. At times, I tend to neglect this little power and god knows, I must have missed a lot of opportunities/events that perhaps could change my life, somehow or rather.

I’ve recently applied this power created by God for us in clinical area. Observing a person’s appearance, behavior, way of doing things, attitude, mode of communication, the way one presents him/herself through way of dressing/talking –create a lot of judgments/ views in my head. Thoughts are running everyday as the power of observation continues. Strangely, all the bad and negative impressions I have had in my head has automatically changed to the good ones and to one point that I learn to understand, eventually gain something valuable in the end.

See how things actually link to each other? Just imagine how things would turn out if we let out/give negative comments about the bad impression that we had without going through the thinking-understanding-and-learning process. The results will certainly turn out to be bad, maybe worse.


As a summary, observe --> judgments -->  think --> understand --> learn  :)

…….

Miss A said,

“To understand your patients, you must know the signs and symptoms. Always observe and ask. When you ask, you will understand and remember.”


Undeniably agree *nods*

Sometimes, these tutors/lecturers’ way of teaching/guiding makes learning experience interesting.
And when she asked,

“Don’t you think that this field is interesting? :) “

*nods again*
Yes, it is. I remember she said that in order to do things that we love,
“Put all our love, interest and curiosities in it. Always ask, and be curious. Make yourself understand and clear.”

I don’t know why, I find this so inspiring. Inspiring to never stop learning, to study not only for the sake of  studying and of course never stop being curious. :)
I have many things, and terms to catch up. Definitely not going to miss any opportunities given during my clinical posting period. :)
I miss uni, I miss events organized by clubs, I miss my friends, and I miss my family. But being the independent me, I often get rid of this ‘miss’ feelings by keeping myself busy, telling myself that I’ll be coming back with a competent, better me.


“Being determined is never hard unless you have the strong desire to achieve the goal.”


So as I’m typing this, it’s already 3.26am, on the 7th of June 2014.


Signing off from PD,

:) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Thoughts? They are always welcomed here :)

Photobucket