06 October 2013

O-rie-o-n-ta-ti-on (Part One) ;


First day :
Reached uni at about 7.30am, was supposed to reach 15 minutes earlier but there was a mini jam at Sg.Besi toll highway. Waited for the ladies to walk from their vista B since I was way earlier than themmm :P While doing that, I saw my own reflection. Looking straight at the reflection, I'm kinda proud to see myself  *adjusted collar*  in that formal attire with that pretty, comfy flats and my lovely backpack, not to mention my well-behaved curly hair *coughs self praising coughs* It's okay to be vain sometimes :P Hahaahahaha anyway, collection of labcoats started at 8 sharp, which then followed by briefings from the Head of Schools, etc. Made friends with new friends from different programmes that I'm studying ; mostly students from B.Pharmacy (BPharm), mind you.

Had my second breakfast at about 10 something, just a very light breakfast tho. (I didn't expect to skip lunch later on so I kind of regretted of not eating more that time :/)
And then there's this break, which means ROTTING SESSION began! Went to explore the library abit, and then sat down with my classmates at the student discussion area. Oh! Speaking about my classmates, there are eight of us in September intake, adding uo nine of them from July intake so total up will be seventeen of us :D

Just when the rotting session was over, we had this 'Lighting Ceremony' with our senior from NU1/12 :)) and all lecturers, including the head of school and head of division at a small room. We had out pledges said after that, and off we blew the candle, representing that the ceremony was over. :) It was a very meaningful event to all of us, for those who are going to start, and those who already have started. Not long after that, we sort of like had this mini ice-breaking session between the lecturers, seniors and us- the juniors :D Oh well, we were asked whether was this course (that we're going to study) was our first choice, if no -why not and so ; I wanted to share my reasons but too bad that I didn't get the chance. But well, I guess I'll share it with my junior next year, hopefully will liking this journey after I started it :))




Meanwhile, I and Pauline (my new friend who has really good knowledge in Nursing) have a mentor (senior from NU1/12), named Monica, who is actually an Indonesian! Seriously speaking, she doesn't look like she's from Indonesia, but more like a Malaysian Chinese to me! Hahaha, I'm just very grateful :)


Another few briefings were held at the auditorium hall, bla bla bla. At about 4.30pm, seniors took over the activity by introducing themselves to us, welcoming us by lots of cheers, dance and nice videos. :) I must say, the creativity and video editing skills are pretty good! Hahaha friends were all distributed to different groups from me, I'm in the 13th group named BEE, just fyi. lmao
Bzzzzbzzzzzbzzzzzz

Joke of the day : Are you a Korean??? , asked by a friend from my group of orientation.
I lol-ed at that once again.

Things are getting tougher and life is getting more competitive!

...
Day two until day five in.. general ;

Second day was filled with briefing and MORE briefing, pfffts. The only 'interesting' briefing on that day was Personal Safety briefing where it was divided into two sessions, the first session was a talk based on videos and slideshow regarding on the crime rates, prevention, etc. Here comes the interesting part, where Mr. Wong, master in Tae Kwan Do, was invited to teach us some punch-kick lesson if we happened to meet any intruders/attackers in the near future. It was fun and really wake me up from my sleepy world. Haha now I know how to kick/punch -using muhh elbow, palm and leg. HA! *wong fei hung style

And just to be honest, idk what was wrong with me that I couldn't resist to yawn in almost every briefing. *soft sigh* How I wish someone could have just slapped me or something but I think they thought that I was just.. y'know.. stretching myself whenever my head swung forward suddenly. LOL
Funny.

In between the general briefings about library and ICT, I had a few classes with my own lecturer, Ms. Siew about the course content, the rules, the stressful-no-joke future life that is coming soon.. *inhale, exhale
ANYWAY, let's just study smart-ly and hardworking-ly and at the same time, play hard. (Hahaha, such English). On Thursday, I had my lab briefing, was being introduced again to those very familiar lab apparatus, as well as very strange machines/apparatus which I've not seen before back in high school/college. Other than explaining their functions and what they are, we also went for a short tour to all the labs around the campuses. Pretty cool, I must say :]

On a negative note, I just got to know that the IELTS that I took months ago are no longer valid as the English requirement at uni and I am required to register for MUET. =_=
Yes. M.U.E.T. =__=   whatthehellahundredtimes. Gahhhhgrrrrrrrr, I'll just put that aside, troublesome or not, I have to register no matter what. Sigh.


So far, everything (I mean briefing) was alright, some was quite boring, but yeah some was pretty important and informative. I think you guys must be wondering why didn't I mention anything about my "Bee" group that I was assigned in right? Hahaha, be patient yaw, all the details are gonna be revealed in the next blogpost. :)
And time really speeds like a rocket. It's Sunday already and classes OFFICIALLY start tomorrow! D:
Yeh, it's time to warm up the little brain of mine again.
Hee, let's rock the rest of the university life stress-joy-wonder-fully!!


And and andddddddddddddddddddd,


just to make myself clear once again,
to those who kept on asking me,


"HEY! *shaking my shoulder* Are you from Korea??"
"Are you a Korean? (with that look)"
"Hey, are you local?"

ETC,

Thank you for the you-look-like-a-Korean comments, I'm very flattered, thank you. But no, I'm 100% 500% Malaysian! :D Hehe, I still don't get why people kept telling me that I either look like a Taiwanese, pure Chinese from China or.. Koreans. Hahaha, it was hilarious tho to receive at least 6 similar questions within 4 days.


:))


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Thoughts? They are always welcomed here :)

Photobucket