01 January 2021

Just 12 hours ago, I went on a 72km of adventure via a rental bicycle (the usual bike that I rent but today's heavier). I've been wanting to achieve a little something in 2020 after seeing so many motivational, encouraging and inspirational cycling stories posted by fellow SG cyclists at Facebook.

Though I may not own a bicycle by myself here but I think it's quite doable (using the rental bikes) by continuous practice, trainings and a few cycling trip to familarise with the route!

And after weeks of planning... it was finally made possible! *celebrates*

I prayed very hard for good acceptable weather for the past weeks.. It has been pouring cats and dogs for months.. I couldn't wait for more hence I decided to do it on last day of 2020. Leisurely with no pressure. I was holding this mindset as I cycled, 

"If the weather decided to rain, then so be it. Let's enjoy and embrace every moment, just the way it is."

...

My cycling journey started at 1315hrs, ended at approximately 2135hrs. 8 hours 30 minutes of outdoors including rest and makan time. Actual cycling journey roughly took about.. 7 hours and 19 minutes?

                                 

Starting point was Bishan-Ang Mo Kio park, then slowly heading to Punggol-Lorong Halus PCN- Pasir Ris Town Park- Changi Village via Aloha Loyang, then to the famous never ending Tanah Merah Coast Road (TMCR), East Coast Park (ECP), Marina Bay, Kallang, and back to my starting point!

I wasn't looking forward to ride on TMCR to be honest! Cause' it's super long stretch and it always feels boring! I told myself, 

"It's alright. Think of nothing, just keep riding" and voila! It was rather a surprising smooth and quick journey. :D

Along the TMCR road though, my bike slipped to the left as I wanted to avoid a group of people. I didn't fell onto the pavement because one kind man managed to catch me just in time as I fell with my bike. 

"Easy, easy!" he said. I'm terribly sorry!!
"Don't worry. Take your time", he said.

How very polite and kind of him! 

Sorry once again as I got up with his help. But thank you so much!! and... I zoomed off in utter embarrassment.

Little accidents like this tend to happen when we (the cyclist or the pedestrians) are not careful or vigilant enough. I have learnt to 'ring the bell' no matter how far I am, to alert people around me that I'm coming from somewhere so that we all can be vigilant and safe together. Always, always slow down. Balance well, brake appropriately and ring the bell, PK!!

Nonetheless, I'm home safe and all bubbly! Thank the Lord.

                                

I must say I've been blessed with good and breezy weather today. Everywhere I cycle the place must have rained so I managed to escape some heavy downpour timing!

Also, I wanted to change to a lighter bike (such as Anywheel) so badly midway through cuz' heavier bikes with heavy paddles are bad for the knees for a long long ride. But PERSISTENCE brought me through!! It was not easy to ride up the slope especially with SgBike... hence for that.. GOOOD JOB PK!


Such a feel good accomplishment yesterday. My exploration of Singapore via bike is getting bigger as I go! Hopefully next time I'd explore the West side..? :) We will see.

Brb gonna completely rest in bed (CRIB)! Can't feel my dear knees now, like literally *cries emoji

xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Thoughts? They are always welcomed here :)

Photobucket