30 December 2020

2020.

🌻 Beginning of my new decade started really well with wonderful CNY celebration with my loved ones at home until... until covid-19 happens.

I still remember vividly that when I was on the way home from Singapore, first covid-19 case was detected in Singapore. That was on 22nd January.

A week later, emergent work whatsapp group was created. Many information was shared, many standby outbreak teams were created. I was slowly feeling the "tense" and I was slowly getting to the "are you ready?" mode before I started my work in early February.

I thanked the good Lord that during my birthday, crowd limit haven't really taken into place. Hence I was still able to celebrate my birthday with my favourite peeps in Singapore. Slowly..

covid-19 took over for the rest of the year and here we are.. the month of December, reflecting how our year has truly been.

... 2020 in general must be a shitty/dull/bad year for most of us. Of not being able to travel, of not being able to be with our loved ones, of people losing job/s, of the vulnerables being more vulnerable to sickness, of people losing their mind, of seeing many brainless, selfish and judgemental people in the political world (especially during this pandemic) and all that jazz.
It's a year which work from home, zoom calls/meetings, study from home are the new kind of norm now. Internet and social medias have played even more important roles to keep ourselves updated with new information, progress and the good and bad of coronavirus news. If I were to say my 2020 had done fairly well (the fact that I am still alive and is still having a job to survive) despite the pandemic, that would be an absolute lie. Like normal human beings, I do experience and have encountered a few unspoken, unfortunates events this year.
For instance, I slipped and had a fall from a flight of stairs, early of the year, injuring my left upper arm and I was suspecting I was having tendonitis?

It was a painful period of recovery, which worried me because I use my upper limbs to carry my patients. With that one hand down, I can't do a lot of things efficiently. But thank the good lord, with constant hope, positive attitude, exercise and medicated oil, all is well now. ❤️ Following the mishap, I slipped a few times on a slippery floor within the same year. So many times I get so annoyed but all's good. No sprains, no strains. Just a minor scratch here and there, thankfully!

Fall down 7 times, stand up 8! 💪💪💪

In terms of essentials and belongings, I lost two very precious, cute looking EZ link cards (similar to our touch n go cards) which broke my heart dearly. I can't seem to find another similar design EZ link card that I once loved. Yikes!

October was the month I almost can't collect my NRIC after a few appointments made. A month after that, my dear Huawei P10 plus decided to PEA collapse on me for real after 2 years being with me. I was upset for sure. I had to search and spent for another phone quickly to salvage my contact and important information. After a few mini dramas of getting the phone I wanted, I managed to buy it at an affordable price and secure my data just in time! Phew. Another misfortune saved. *sigh of relief*

In terms of human to human interaction this year, I get to know some really toxic people who are lazy, who bully kind people, who belittle the weak, who show off powers - which is truly sad and disgusting. This set of people are those people whom I don't wish to be with or be like them. I was silly enough to let them take me and my help for granted, hence I've learnt. I have really, really learnt.

To distance myself from them.

...
Setting the negativities aside, one of the many positive highlights this year that happened was deployment to NCID (National Centre of Infectious Disease). Although all of us (the healthcare workers) went through crazy intensive trainings and suffered from physical facial damage (pressure injury, redness, pain) from the PPE we wear, we all worked collaboratively despite coming from various disciplines/hospitals, fighting together as one! I've met many enthusiastic, intelligent, amazing, kind peeps at NCID and have learnt so much there. (ECMO, IABP, awake proning, etc!) Such a worthy experience.
On another note, I've accomplished a couple of unplanned things, in the meantime learnt a few new things about myself.. Wonder what they are? Hmm let's see! 

First off, I didn't know I can cycle so much kilometers at one go (48km, the longest I did?!), I didn't know what triggered me to cycle so much but every time I completed a journey, my legs are feeling either all jelly or I always have the intense feelings.. then tell myself that I could have done better. Which makes me want to go for more the next time. Such crazy thoughts huh pk.

Having the wind blow pass through my hair is already soothing, one other extra good side of cycling is that I get to explored many parts of Singapore that I haven't been before, another form of traveling but via 🚲! I've learnt to plan routes via Google map, tried different timing of cycling and honestly, each experience has been quite the extraordinary. 😊

Apart from cycling though, I do hiking as well. I'm so glad that I head out to exercise almost every week since August and I've never felt so good ever since! Maybe I should make a blogpost about my cycling and hiking journey soon.
.. Besides, home yoga sesh via short 30 mins online classes and doodling are some of the indoor activities I did during my day offs from April-June, the circuit breaker period. Doodle has been very therapeutic and becoming more and more of my favourite thing to do whenever I need to de-stress. Here are some that I have done,



All doodles inspired by fellow talented artist @lovelimzy at Instagram!

As you may known already, I've expanded my #pkhappinessproject this year. I've created a hearty memorial board, make more different kind of (farewell, thank you, birthday) cards and I also recently made 45 DIY hearty cards this Christmas as a give thanks to people!








As for photography, I have taken up 2 side projects last year, covering Gender Reveal and Friendship photoshoot and 4 side projects this year, covering Baby 1st Birthday, Maternity and Family photoshoot.


Above collage of photos are just some of my favourite taken shots this year. For more photoshoot photos, click here for more! :)

Annnnd for a low alcohol tolerance like myself, I've learnt to drink a lil' more this year and learnt my rate of drinking before I get drunk but worry notttttt. I'm not an alcoholic just yet! Haha still experimenting and trying here and there so all's good! 🙊


As much as I'm grateful for the birthday celebration I had this year by thoughtful peeps, I'm also thankful to have only one time sickness (mild flu) with no sorethroat (my ultimate source of major sickness) throughout the year! 💪❤️
2020 is tough but thank you all whom I have mentioned in my previous ig post for being my source of life battery, for me to continue to strive on despite all. Here's to a better, safer, healthier and happier 2021, loves. Stay hopeful. Have lots of faith!

It's been so good to write again after sucha longggggggg time. Anyhoo, thank you for reading.

Here's to 2021, y'all! 🥂 ðŸ¥‚

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Thoughts? They are always welcomed here :)

Photobucket