14 February 2011

Shoot #1;

So just for your info, incase you don't know, I am on my way for a DSLR. I am aiming Nikon instead of Canon although Canon's products attract my attention 180% more than Nikon.
Since most of my uncles and cousins (maternal) are using Nikons, I think should join the crowd :)

For your info AGAIN, I am not a professional yet. Don't misjudge me by saying that I look pro while holding that camera. I believe, you LOOK pro too if you're the one holding it, not me. Yes?
As what I've said, "Don't judge a book by its cover". I still have long way to go though.

A cousin of mine, > Christopher has his photography sifu (master/teacher) who is Uncle Charlie :) Oh WELL, I have mine too :D
So my first lesson was snapping a decent potrait.
Basically, my tutor, who's a She, said, the model has to chin up, look at the camera with her best angle (the part of your face which shows the flawless side of you, revealing your beauty).
Everyone has their best angle, either left or right.
If you are unsure, take a mirror [ a make-up mirror or just a simple small mirror] , hold the mirror and move from east to west (or west to east, which I assume it's the same thing). Look at the mirror and start to practice smiling in different angle.


Chin up + best angle + smile + pose + confidence = best shot. Like the magazine covers above :)
...
This was my first attempt, using NIKON COOLPIX S8100

SHE(my cousin-sister)'s my sifu, btw :) 
First try was obviously fail. I mean, this photo doesn't look very nice.
Have a look :
Here's a potrait of ME- myself snapped by her.

D7000

She love the background (which is my green garden),so she told me to snap a picture of her too.
I guess she's kind of satisfied?
My second attempt :) [D7000]
Apparently, I have a holding-camera-problem. I mean, most of the pictures I snapped are rotated like some kind.
As a serious learner. I took all the advices, precautions other than stay exra alert, and snapped this potrait (third attempt) of my best friend a day before my birthday :)
Rate?
I would seriously appreciate any feedback.
D3000 [P mode]
My photography tutor's comment was : Not bad. The model need to chin up a little bit. You know, her chin is a little bit low here, showing that she has no confident. If she chins up, this photo will looks a lot more better! :)
I asked : Does she look fat here? She (my best friend) claimed that she does.
Tutor : Not at all.

SEEEEEEEEEEEEE?
I'm glad that she said so though, which certainly prove that my skills does not suck too bad.
Thank you, tutor! Will learn and touch up in my next shoot! :D
Well, I'm quite happy this time. Tell me if you want me to snap a picture of you personally or with a group of friends, hehehe. It doesn't matter if it's a digital camera or DSLR, (which I think is better if it's a DSLR), I want to try. Please, no professionalism guranteed.
I'm still a learner, am not familiar with anything yet.
Hence, bear with me :]

PS : All the pictures above are UNEDITED. Woohoo! I am so proud :D
PSS : I think my explanation suck :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Thoughts? They are always welcomed here :)

Photobucket